read all about it
- You should know, ceramics drops are a thing. Coffee lovers rejoice, for the ceramicist whose clean lines, design forward handles and the girth that can surely handle your coffee’s weight in ounces is dropping some new wares. Lolly Lolly Ceramics invites you to upgrade your ritual at with her next drop: April 12, 2 p.m. EST.
- Austin is getting proud, Proud Mary that is. The Australian specialty coffee roaster with roots back to 2006 has a Portland facility in the U.S. which will be followed by its second location stateside in Texas. Keep an eye on their Instagram as they are also the ones sourcing some beautiful geisha coffees that come in equally gorgeous tins.
- West Adams, a historic district in South L.A. is filling up with incoming businesses including those in the food and drink sector: coffee, sandwich shops, comfort food to wine. It now welcomes HomeState in To-Go form, which identifies itself as “A Texas Kitchen in Los Angeles. The portions are a big heaping healthy size. Go for The Love Song, with some of the taco revenue donated to the Downtown Women’s Center in Los Angeles, with a Cookie Milk Cold Brew.
- Sourdough may have been a trendy starter and a staple for those navigating a pandemic year in 2020, but it’s going to be more than that for this incoming coffee roaster. Denmark’s La Cabra is coming to New York’s East Village this summer with a café and a sourdough bakery. Start it up.
- Long Beach’s Wolf’s Brew drops a limited-edition coffee bag in monochrome. Say Less, Buy Now. Learn more about the coffee shops roasting efforts and bag upgrades here.
- Pharrell Williams and David Grutman hope you are ready for a good time. Their joint project. The Good Time Hotel is now open in Miami Beach. The hotel has a restaurant and pool deck whose visuals give you all the bright, sunny and yes, good time vibes. The all-day café has an outdoor terrace serving local coffee – the culture is staying tuned for that.
- On April 14th and 15th, The Specialty Coffee Association hosts Coffee Retail Summit, a two-day conference exploring the landscape of specialty coffee at the intersection of retail. Tune in especially on April 15th 8-9 a.m. PST as I‘ll be a guest to Israel Serna’s ‘Beyond Your Logo: Creating and Cultivating Brand Loyalty’ sharing “key trends in the specialty coffee space.“ Come and join us.